Saturday, April 13, 2013

Food dehydrating recipes



I started dehydrating for the first time today. I started out with just tomatoes to add in salads and what not but then I saw I had zucchini I needed to use and wanted to try apples for my kids to eat. But plain old veggies and fruit? No way, so I spiced them up a bit!

Tomatoes – Sprinkled with chili powder (next time I think I might seed them and then mix them with olive oil and chili powder






Zucchini – cut in half and then cut up into thin slices and put in a small bowl with some olive oil and then I had a chipotle lime rub that I got from my cousin Andrea who is a distributor for wildtree natural foods and I added that. Put on the lid and shook them all up till the zucchini was coated. Spread out on the dehydrator racks. 


Apples – cut into slices going from the top of the apple to the bottom. Put some olive oil in a bowl and add a teaspoon of cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon of cloves. 



My house smells absolutely delicious right now with this mix of smells!!! I cannot even describe it! Oh it is so wonderful. I'm looking into dehydrating meats and other things and then you can vacuum seal them and they will last up to a year! Talk about pantry stocking!


VEGETABLE STOCK! As many of you know I juice fresh vegetables EVERY single morning and I've been throwing all this pulp away. I am trying to find all these ways to not waste any food at all. So when I juice my veggies in the morning I take out the pulp and kind of mush it together (so small pieces don't fall all over the place) and lay it on my dehydrator sheets. When it dries, grind it up in the processor and here is powdered vegetables to make soup with! UGH What a great idea!! 

April...Keeping it Simple ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment