Friday, April 12, 2013

A grocery trip

My grocery trip :)

I have been getting questions about what I shop for. What is NOT processed food? What are some essentials? Most common items on my list? So here it goes! Everything is organic unless I state otherwise

  •  Tomato Juice (Going to make a HUGE pot of chili and can it :)
  • Vegetable Broth (for quinoa and lentils cause water is boring)
  • flax seed whole wheat pita bread
  • honey nut toasted cereal
  • french dressing
  • nut chips
  • tomato sauce
  • kidney/black beans
  • diced tomatoes (I usually use fresh but they were on sale for cheap!)
  • carrots
  • celery
  • peppercorns
  • mini chocolate chips cookies
  • animal crackers (last two are healthy snacks for the kids)
  • spinach
  • mixed greens
  • green tea with blueberry (have 2-3 cups a day!)
  • maple syrup
  • gummy vitamins for the kids
  • kefir
  • almond milk
  • chocolate almond milk (treat for the kids at supper)
  • papaya spears and mango slices (all natural!)
  • greek yogurt (buy PLAIN. About 1/3 the calories of flavored. Sweeten your own with honey or fruit. Thanks Rachel Bjork!)
  • Beef sticks (100% grass fed local beef, no chemicals, no nothing.)
  • feta cheese
  • quick oats
  • green pepper (not organic)
  • bananas (not organic)
  • apples(2 bags, plus 3 pink lady apples)
  • tomatoes
  • avocados
  • cucumber
  • zucchini
  • brussel sprouts
  • cilantro
  • kale
I have never bought any type of dressing before but it was organic and I understood all the contents of it, and the olive oil is getting boring. lol. But just a wide array of stuff and this is a typical shopping trip. i didn't get much meat because I have quinoa and lentils to use up and I only got the beef sticks as a nice snack for my daughter...She is a brute haha. Other than that I juice all the veggies except the avocado, tomato, and green pepper. Was looking for jalapenos because I was going to make a spicy drink this weekend but was unable to find any at the grocery store so going to check out the other one later on.

But with the tomato juice I just bought a huge pot and I am going to fill it with my chili recipe and then can it so I have a bunch of chili on hand whenever I need it. Something I am going to be doing with my Dad :)

My other shopping trips







Most of all my meals are mainly veggies and then I had quinoa, lentils, brown rice pasta or meat to them. But veggies are the base and fill 3/4 of our plates.


ENJOY! My next post will be on how I store my veggies, cleaning, making sure they stay fresh!


April....Keeping it Simple ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment