Thursday, April 11, 2013

BEST "secret" to weight loss!

Truth is, it's not a secret! It is common sense. The only thing that works is eating right and exercising. There are no secret methods to lose 15 lbs in 3 days, chances are you will just gain it right back. Losing weight is not about counting calories, it is about eating the right foods for your body and none of that low calorie fat free crap but real clean food. Sorry to bust your bubble but it is not a temporary way of eating to lose weight, it is a complete lifestyle change that you have to go through. So you lose all the weight you want and go back to your old way of eating. Think u will stay skinny? Definitely not. And it isn't even about losing weight, although it is a plus, to me it is about being healthy and keeping my kids healthy. I want to be around for my grandkids graduation someday! You can't change your eating for a couple months and then go back. You have to make a dedicated decision to change your entire way of eating. And you will definitely reap the benefits!! Is that saying that you can't have a Triple Chocolate Meltdown from Applebees once in a while, of course not, but it needs to be in moderation.

The "secret" is to eat all natural foods that our bodies were meant to digest. Low calorie and fat free foods do not work. They are not food, they are food-like products and your cravings will only get worse because you are nutritionally starving your body from the food that it needs. Next time you go shopping buy almost all vegetables. Have a hard time eating a plate of veggies? I know I do. JUICE THEM! I juice 4 kale leaves, cucumber, 3 carrots, parsley, inch slice of ginger root, 4 radishes, 2 celery stalks, and an apple EVERY morning! All that nutrition in one drink and no sitting having to force veggies down your throat. It's tough, I've tried it.

My morning Juice regimen


I used to eat all those slim-fast shakes and low cal food...I was always starving! And not because my body wanted food but because my body wanted the RIGHT food. Like I said your next shopping trip should consist of almost all veggies, lentils, quinoa, beans, whole wheat grains, some chicken for meat...And a good tip is to stick to the outside of the grocery store. All the bad stuff is usually in the middle. But most of your time should be spent in the veggies and fruit section! :) At first the tastes may seem weird but after awhile the tastes will be absolutely delicious and you will have so much fun making your own mixtures of veggies, different spices, meats, grains...it's all a big experiment in the kitchen here!


April...Keeping it Simple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment